- Relax: Sparkler Bath Bomb from Lush (limited edition, sadly)
- Sip: Tea from my KeepCup Brew Mug
- Wear: Gray ASOS Beanie with Faux Fur Pom
- Eat: Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Pancakes from IHOP
- Watch: SNL 40th Anniversary Special
- Energize: Starbucks’ Tiramisu Latte
- Admire: Fran Meneses aka Frannerd
- Clean: Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with White Tea Extract
I’ve seen several posts and videos lately about the “five product face,” aka makeup looks using minimal beauty products. In all honesty, my everyday routine usually uses about this many products. I’m often in a rush to get ready and out the door so I’m all for simplicity. I don’t have the time or patience to worry about the perfect winged liner in the morning. Here are my go to products that I use on a daily basis:
- Moisturizer – I try to remember to start with a moisturizer underneath my makeup. I’m currently using the Vitamin E SPF 15 Moisture Lotion from The Body Shop. It hydrates my skin, which is something I need during the harsh winter weather, and the SPF is just enough to protect my face without over doing it.
- Powder – Next I reach for my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder. My forehead gets oily, so I like to use this to reduce shine. I like this product, but I’m still in search of a powder I can’t live without.
- Brow gel – I don’t know what I was doing with my life before I discovered this product. I have super thick eyebrows, and this changed my life. They seemed to be all over the place no matter what I tried. I use the Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara to keep everything in place.
- Blush – I like to use a bit of blush to liven up my pale skin. One of my favorites is the Frat Boy Blush from The Balm. It’s a pretty peachy color. I have to be careful not to apply too much; however, it’s great when the rest of your makeup is subtle. I had a hard time tracking this one down when I bought it. Of course, since then I’ve seen it at Kohl’s and Belk, so you might want to check local stores first before buying it online.
- Lip gloss – My last touch is something for the lips. In my opinion, this changes my whole face. I rarely leave the house without at least applying chap stick, that’s how addicted I am. When I want something pretty but simple, I reach for a lip gloss like the NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait.
And that’s it! The whole routine takes maybe five minutes. The best part is that most of these products are available at the drugstore for under $15.
Hopefully this gave you some ideas. Let me know what your five go-to products are in the comments. I’ll leave you links to some more to check out down below if you want to see more.
Cheers, and thanks for reading!
February is a month when many people focus on love. On Valentine’s Day, we celebrate relationships and friendships. However, we often forget one important aspect – kindness. Do we take the time to show others that we care for them, not by buying them chocolates or flowers but through the way we treat them on a daily basis? That’s why this February I’m trying to accomplish 28 acts of kindness, one for every day this month. Hopefully at the end of the month I will have done some good and worked on ways I can be kinder all the time. I’ve been enjoying it so far and definitely encourage anyone who wants to join me. Down below I’m including a list of some idea to get started.