- Watch: Mr. Pip
- Clean: Yummy Mummy shower gel from Lush
- Eat: Chocolate cheesecake bar
- Exercise: Fitbit flex
- Curl: Conair Infiniti Curling Wand
- Relax: Mother Superior Bubble Bath
- Wear: Nyx lip gloss in Cherry Pie
- Marathon: Orphan Black
- Do: Turn in my final paper!
Finals are just around the corner here, and I know a lot of people will be finishing up school in the next month or so. (Where did the time go?) This can be the most stressful part of the semester for a lot of people. I don’t know who thought it would be a good idea to schedule a test for every class that covers all the course material within the span of a week, but here we are. I thought it would be fun to put together what I would include in a survival kit for finals week.
- Iced coffee – Caffeine for late night study sessions and early morning finals. Isn’t this cup appropriate?
- Frozen dinners – Quick and easy food because the last thing you want to do is cook right now.
- Tennis shoes – When you just can’t study anymore, it’s nice to go for a walk to clear your head.
- A comfy hoodie or t shirt – Throw it on in the morning to avoid thinking about your outfit. Repeat as necessary.
- Snacks – For marathon sessions at the library. Be even more thoughtful by bringing some to share with friends.
- A good tv show – When I had tests, I used to love listening to something mindless while I copied my notes for the tenth time. Also good for taking a break.
- Planner – The last thing you want to do is forget what time the final is. Write everything down so it’s one less thing to remember. I like to use this desk pad.
- About ten pens or pencils – I always, always bring at least one extra writing utensil. You never know when your pen’s going to run out of ink or your neighbor will forget to bring one.
- A mantra – Pick something to keep you motivated. It can be an encouraging phrase or the thought of that awesome vacation your going on this summer. Whatever works.
Good luck to everyone taking finals, and a special congrats to all the grads!
It’s no secret I’m in love with LUSH. If I could have an endless supply of their bath products, I’d be a happy camper. Sadly, there aren’t any stores where I live. : (
However, when I saw their new products for spring, I knew it was time to place an online order. Usually I buy several things since I’m already paying for shipping. My package arrived this week, and everything looks amazing, so I thought I’d share what I bought in case anyone else was considering a purchase.
- Yummy Mummy Shower Gel – This shower gel is wonderful! It smells so good. The website describes the scent as fruity and sweet. I’m glad I bought the big bottle of this one.
- Yummy Mummy Body Conditioner – I haven’t opened this one yet, but it’s supposed to smell just like the shower gel. I love their body conditioners, so I’m sure this one will be great for spring/summer.
- Mother Superior Bubble Bar – LUSH bubble bars are great for creating huge foaming bubble baths. This one is super cute and supposed to smell like floral blossoms.
- Rose Bubble Bar – I love their rose-scented products, so this one was a must have.
- Secret Garden Bath Bomb – Bath bombs are a little bit different. Drop them in the bath, and they fizz and turn your water different colors. (There are several videos on their website if you want to see for yourself.)
- Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb – Another rose product. This one contains dried rose petals. It’s also really large, so I will probably break this one in half to get two uses out of it.
- Godiva Shampoo Bar – This one is a new product for me. I’ve wanted to try their solid shampoo for a while, and I thought it would be perfect for traveling this summer since it’s smaller and easier to pack than a shampoo bottle. I chose this particular one because it’s supposed to be good for dry and damaged hair.
- Porridge Soap – Just like when you shop in the store, online orders often come with a free sample. This little soap was an added bonus. It smells lovely, although I could have done without the oats contained inside. The soap would be good for exfoliating, though.
Most of these products are limited edition for Mother’s Day, so get them while you can, and pick some up for mom, too!
Ever wake up and want to go back to bed indefinitely? Or maybe you’re just in a funk and can’t find any motivation. Recently I had one of those days. Instead of wallowing in it like I usually do, I decided to make the day special by doing a few extra things. Pretty soon I was feeling better and ready to tackle the rest of the day. Here’s my cure for a bad day:
Bubble bath – I’m a clean freak. There’s nothing like a relaxing bath to leave you feeling refreshed. I went for the Rose Water bubble bath that came in my Popsugar Must Have box a couple of months ago. The scent is wonderful, and it leaves you smelling like roses.
Face mask – I discovered the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque through my old roommate, and I’m hooked. Simply apply it to a clean face and let it dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Your skin will feel brand new. As an added bonus, it treats acne, too.
Candles – There’s nothing like burning a candle to make to whole house smell good. Since I moved out of a dorm and into an apartment, I’ve been celebrating the freedom to burn candles. I might have gone a little overboard at first, so I had to put a moratorium on buying candles. However, I celebrated surviving midterms by indulging in one of the Royal Apothic (a favorite brand of mine) candles from Anthropologie. I also love most of the range from Bath & Body Works. And I really want to try this one from Jo Malone.
Tea – Warm, soothing…what’s not to love about tea? My all time favorite is English Breakfast. It’s classic and delicious. The caffeine doesn’t hurt either when I need a little pick me up. Lately I’ve been trying the liquorice and mint tea from Tea Pigs. The taste is unique. I can’t quite describe it expect to say that it will make you sit up and pay attention.
Comedy – Sometimes laughter really is the best medicine. It’s been scientifically proven that smiling and laughing make you feel better. I like to take a break by indulging in an episode of whatever tv show I’m currently watching. (During spring break, I blew through the first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix.)
That’s it! Pretty soon I felt good as new. Thanks for reading! Let me know what you do to cure a bad day.
- Drink: Starbucks Birthday Cake Frappuccino
- Bathe: Bunch of Carrots Bubble Bar from LUSH
- Read: The Martian by Andy Weir
- Listen: Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance by Belle and Sebastian
- Smell: Hot House Peonie Candle from Anthropologie
- Eat: Lasagna Bolognese from BRAVO!
- Wear: Tarte Blush in True Love
- Apply: Blush Brush from Real Techniques
- Accessorize: Initial Pendant Necklace from Kate Spade
- Exfoliate: Bliss Micromagic Microdermabrasion Treatment