Finals are just around the corner here, and I know a lot of people will be finishing up school in the next month or so. (Where did the time go?) This can be the most stressful part of the semester for a lot of people. I don’t know who thought it would be a good idea to schedule a test for every class that covers all the course material within the span of a week, but here we are. I thought it would be fun to put together what I would include in a survival kit for finals week.
- Iced coffee – Caffeine for late night study sessions and early morning finals. Isn’t this cup appropriate?
- Frozen dinners – Quick and easy food because the last thing you want to do is cook right now.
- Tennis shoes – When you just can’t study anymore, it’s nice to go for a walk to clear your head.
- A comfy hoodie or t shirt – Throw it on in the morning to avoid thinking about your outfit. Repeat as necessary.
- Snacks – For marathon sessions at the library. Be even more thoughtful by bringing some to share with friends.
- A good tv show – When I had tests, I used to love listening to something mindless while I copied my notes for the tenth time. Also good for taking a break.
- Planner – The last thing you want to do is forget what time the final is. Write everything down so it’s one less thing to remember. I like to use this desk pad.
- About ten pens or pencils – I always, always bring at least one extra writing utensil. You never know when your pen’s going to run out of ink or your neighbor will forget to bring one.
- A mantra – Pick something to keep you motivated. It can be an encouraging phrase or the thought of that awesome vacation your going on this summer. Whatever works.
Good luck to everyone taking finals, and a special congrats to all the grads!